Campaign challenge goals:
-Complete level with score of 20,000-SKULLS TO USE
-Kill a total of 25 banshees-
-Bonus Requirement: Jack a banshee-
- You actually don't need any skulls on to get 20,000 because banshees endlessly spawn on this level and you can rack up points by endlessly killing them. However, if you want to boost that point total and get the mission done faster, you should turn a couple of skulls on.Tough Luck:
Needler fire, grenades projectiles (ie. Rocket Launcher, Brute Shot) and vehicular attacks are more easily evaded by the AI. Brutes go Berserk and Grunts will turn Kamikaze more often.Catch:
NPCs throw twice as many grenades. NPCs always drop two grenades when dying.
- These are the two skulls that really don't increase the difficulty that much and give you extra scoring multipliers at the same timeWEAPONS AND VEHICLESFalcon:
This level will be your first and only opportunity to use a falcon. You'll be using it a lot to get those 25 banshee kills that you need.DMR:
You'll be getting out of your banshee a few times and your DMR will be your main weapon.Needle Rifle:
The needle rifle will also become useful at some points during this level.
FLY BY NIGHT
- The mission starts you out on a landing pad where you will be given a falcon to use. Two troopers will be helping you out on your turrets. Noble Six will be tasked with destroying some covenant jammers that are blocking communications to Command. You'll have a few seconds to acquaint yourself with the falcon controls before moving on to the first objective. You may be attacked by a few banshees during this time so watch out. Note that if your troopers destroy a banshee without your help, then you will not get any credit for the kill. If you shoot the banshee a little and then your troopers kill it, you will get the credit for it. Note that banshees endlessly spawn on this mission so you could get all 25 of your banshee kills before you even complete the first objective if you wanted to.
- This walkthrough will be unique because every objective given to you will be randomized by the game with the exception of the last one. There will be three objectives that you will always have to do, which is to destroy the covenant communication jammers in the New Alexandria Hospital, a penthouse in the Sinoviet Center, and Club Errera in the Vyrant Telecom Tower. Kat will be communicating with you the whole time, telling you where to go and giving you objective markers to guide you to each building. There will also be two random "emergency missions" that will be given in between the jammer missions. There are several possibilities of these types of missions so I will start out by giving you a list of each possible one and what you have to do to complete them.Emergency Missions
- There are 12 possible emergency mission objectives. Remember you will only be doing two of these.Assist Troopers:
There are many different possibilities in which tower you go to and what kind of enemy you will be taking care of. This particular mission calls for you to head to the Maines-Traiger building to assist some troops dealing with some covenant. Take out the enemies with your falcon and move on.Rooftop Assistance:
A similar mission which has you proceed to a rooftop to assist some troopers with some more covenant forces. Once again, kill them with the falcon and move onAssist Evacuation:
You may have to assist in an evac op that is being delayed by a few shade turrets. Take out the shade turrets to finish the objective.Destroy Shade Turrets:
Another evac op is being stopped by some long range shade turrets. The long range shade turrets can be dangerous so keep your distance and take them out safely.Mobile Jammer:
A group of covenant have brought out a jammer to mess with your short range communications. Kill the covenant and the jammer on the rooftop to move on.Eliminate Enemies:
There are several possible objectives in which you will have to take out a certain type of enemy. Keep your distance with the falcon and you should be fine.
a. Neutralize Hunters - Take out a pair of hunters engaging some troops at DNBM Financial Tower.
b Neutralize Elites and Engineers - 2 engineers and a group of elites will be trying to break into the Misriah Complex. The engineers can be annoying to find sometimes. They sometimes float a good ways away from the tower. Look for that occasional purple flash they give off to find them.
c. Neutralize Jackal Snipers - There will be 3 jackal snipers surrounding a group of troops waiting for an evac. Kill each one to finish the objective.
d. Neutralize Banshees - Another group of troopers are being surrounded by a few banshees at the Jotun building. Neutralize them to finish the objective.Assist ODSTs:
Gunnery Sergeant Edward Buck from Halo 3: ODST is back for a cameo appearance. There are three possible objectives you can get with him.
a. He may need an escort over to Nomolos Tower where his men are. Take out any banshees or phantoms along the way to protect him.
b. Buck needs an escort for a classified op and needs someone who can fly a tight formation. That's you. Once again, take out any banshees or phantoms along the way.
c. Help Buck evac some of his troops that are being attacked by a phantom. This one would be good to get because phantoms give you big points.
- Note that when navigating around the city to any of these 12 objectives or the 3 main objectives, it is likely you will run into a number of banshees. They usually come in pairs but sometimes it's possible for 6 to 8 of them to attack you at once. There may also be shade turrets mounted on top of random buildings so watch out for those as well. Another thing to remember is that you can always call in for a new falcon if yours is very weak. Just land it and then press down on the control pad for an evac.
NEW ALEXANDRIA HOSPITAL
The hospital is one of the three main objective locations with a covenant jammer. Land your falcon outside and open up the door to go inside. There will be four sleeping grunts there and they may be shielded by an engineer. If they are shielded just retreat back outside a little and wait until they lose their shields or you can just take out their shields yourself and kill them. Sometimes they won't wake up at all and you can assassinate all of them. When they are dead, head inside. You will find yourself in a large circular room with 4 floors of enemies to work through. First, try and take out that engineer floating in the center of the room. There will be a small crack in the windows to shoot through. If the engineer gets away he will head down to the first floor and sometimes into the next room where it will be more difficult to kill. Work your way down each floor. Several grunts and jackals will be in your way but they shouldn't be too much trouble. If you didn't get the engineer at first, he will retreat down to the first floor behind the brute captain. You can shoot him from the third floor as shown in the picture below.
Make sure you pick up the DMR ammo lying on the ground on both the second and third floors. You will need it. Try and conserve your DMR ammo on the way down and use your secondary weapon instead. When you get to the second floor, stop and kill as many enemies on the first floor as you can, including the brute captain. Grab a plasma pistol before moving on to the next room.
- The next room is a long and wide area full off brutes guarding the jammer. The first few will be some brute infantry. Take them out from a safe distance and after you kill a few the rest will retreat a little further into the room. Once again, there will be another engineer floating around at the end of the room near the jammer. Take it out as soon as you can. The rest of the brutes will be captains and one of them will have a needle rifle so be careful. Advance up the stairs on the right to the upper walkway and you will find some extra DMR ammo. There will also be some more ammo by some dead marines in front of the jammer.
- Before deactivating the jammer, look for a couple of jet packs behind it. Normally I would suggest forgetting about them, but they will be very helpful when going after the bonus requirement, so go ahead and grab one. If you have already managed to jack a banshee, then don't worry about them. Activate the jammer and start heading back on the upper walkway on the left. You'll find several elite rangers blocking your path. Stay on the walkway and take them out from here. This part can be frustrating because they have the tendency to fly off and hide before you can kill them. Focus on the ones that are in front of you on the left. You can also pepper them with the plasma pistol to take their shields down quickly. If you take too much fire just move back on the walkway. They won't come after you. If you run out of DMR ammo at any point, remember the needle rifle ammo from the brute captains you killed earlier.
- Back in the room you came down in there will be one more obstacle before exiting the hospital. Two skirmishers with needle rifles and an elite ultra with a concussion rifle stand in your way on the first floor. First, creep around the corner and take out the skirmishers before they see you. Hopefully you still have your plasma pistol. Use it to noob combo(charged plasma pistol shot followed by a DMR headshot) to kill the elite ultra. As you head back up watch out for two more needle rifle skirmishers hiding out on the third floor. Kill them and you will be done with hospital, which is by far the most difficult objective of the game.
Bonus Requirement: Jack a Banshee
There are a few different ways to jack a banshee. One way is to get above one in your falcon and time it so that when you get out of the falcon, you can drop down onto the banshee and jack it. That way is fairly difficult though. Now that you have a jet pack from the hospital, you can use another tactic. Hover next to any random tower and get out of your banshee, then jet pack over to the tower. Make sure your falcon doesn't land on the tower because you don't want your marines to kill the banshees as you are trying to jack them. Watch the video below to see how to jack it from any tower.
Once you jack the banshee I recommend landing it and calling in for a new falcon. Falcons are much more effective at long range and other enemies seem to be more aggressive towards you when you are in a banshee.
Banshees, Fast an LowHijacked a Banshee during the Reach Campaign
This is the perfect opportunity to pick up this achievement if you haven't already
- The Sinoviet Center houses another covenant jammer. When you get to the center DO NOT land on the helipad. There is an opening at the back of the building which will let you take out all of the enemies with your falcon! Here is a video showing how.
- When all the enemies are taken care of head up in the left elevator. You'll find yourself in a room that is reflection from matchmaking. Head to the right and grab a sprint ability if you don't have one already. Head towards the back and you'll find a shotgun on the ground. It's up to you if you want to take it or not. The jammer is in the back by where the elevator would be. Be prepared to immediately sprint back after you deactivate it because you will be attacked by some drones(buggers). Sprint back and only shoot when you don't have any more sprint. When you get the ability back, immediately sprint into the elevator and activate it to the shut the doors. Ride it back down and get back into your falcon to finish the Sinoviet Center.
- One more jammer is located in the Vyrant Telecom Tower inside Club Errera. When you approach the tower there will be 2 fuel rod turrets firing at you. There will also be some grunts, 2 brutes, 2 jackals, and 2 skirmishers. You can take them all out with the falcon before you land but you don't have to. Once you head inside you'll find 4 hunters engaging some troops. You can take advantage of the distraction of the troops by sprinting past them all, activating the switch and the sprinting back. Here's a video of good route to take when doing this.
This is much easier than going through the grind of killing all four of them when you don't need to. Make sure you don't start sprinting until they actually notice you, so you don't waste any sprint. If you happen to still have a jet pack while doing this objective, then you can still use it to get across the room and back while the hunters are being distracted.
LAST ONE OUT...TURN OUT THE LIGHTS
This will always be the final objective of the mission. There will be 6 shade turrets surrounding ONI headquarters. You have to take them all out to allow final evacuations from that tower. Take out all the turrets as quick you can. The turrets won't shoot at you because they will be focused on the tower. You may be threatened by some banshees so take care of them before you move on. There will also be several phantoms in the area but they aren't much of a threat. Once all the shade turrets are destroyed the rest of the enemies will retreat and all you have to do is land the falcon to finish the mission!
PLAYER PAGE AWARDS TO BE WON