Welcome to Halotracker!
Thread: Halo 4 / [News] Halo 4 API discussion on the Halo Council Show [Date: 11/16/2012]
Credits: 14 Favs: 0

[News] Halo 4 API discussion on the Halo Council Show [Date: 11/16/2012]
If you don't know what the Halo Council Show is, its a informal podcast which they discuss mostly eSports and the MLG scene, on this weeks show, Gandhi brought up the Halo 4 API as a topic. I think it created a great discussion about stats, and how important stats have been to players since H2. Hope you enjoy.

Link

Also, Molly wrote up a great article on the Halo Council site regarding API and why it is important to sites like HTR, go read it here!

Re: [News] Halo 4 API discussion on the Halo Council Show [Date: 11/16/2012]
I watched this live and while nothing in their discussion really settled anything on this API issue it was an interesting discussion in which Dmaq is wrong((clearly)lol) and getting more word out on this issue in nearly any manner is the right thing to do and a good thing for the topic in general.
I didnt catch the show but I did read Molly's article. Very well written and does a good job of explaining why a public API is so important to the community, for a number of reason. I hope those with power take notice and really see the value it has to the community to release one.
This was a very informative and helpful live stream discussion and the write up that Molly did was very well put together and extremely helpful. These sort of things are exactly what we need to help spread the word and reach out to more people. I believe the link to the Online Petition had over 100 clicks just during the live stream and has continued to receive more attention and signatures. Obviously HTR has a large community and great need for an open API in Halo 4, but we need to recruit and encourage other sites, communities, and people to sign the petition and spread the word. As long as we continue to grow awareness and demand, this issue will stay relevant and we will get some sort of response from 343i.

Signature by Legitti

ShavedLycan13 said:

This was a very informative and helpful live stream discussion and the write up that Molly did was very well put together and extremely helpful. These sort of things are exactly what we need to help spread the word and reach out to more people. I believe the link to the Online Petition had over 100 clicks just during the live stream and has continued to receive more attention and signatures. Obviously HTR has a large community and great need for an open API in Halo 4, but we need to recruit and encourage other sites, communities, and people to sign the petition and spread the word. As long as we continue to grow awareness and demand, this issue will stay relevant and we will get some sort of response from 343i.

Agreed

HaloTracker Head Hunter

This is the first time I've ever bought a brand new game to "beta" test it for the developer. What happened to buying a finished product. 343 should have pushed harder and launched their game with the appropriate playlists and/or ranking system. And as for Dmaq, I know it's nice to have a little opposition but c'mon! Lets be serious! Halo 4 is 343's game, but this is our community. Halo 4 Public API Should not even be a discussion.